Competitor Trailer Parking Information for Allentown Indoor Raceadmin
Competitors in this Friday and Saturday’s Ironton Telephone Allentown Indoor Race should download the following informational sheets in regards to trailer parking and unloading procedures.
- [intense_icon type=”download-alt” color=”#ff0000″ size=”2″] Allentown Trailer Parking & Unloading Procedure
- [intense_icon type=”download-alt” color=”#ff0000″ size=”2″] Allentown Directions to Trailer Parking
All trailers must report to the bus lot at Dorney Park located off Hamilton Blvd.
- Dorney Park is conveniently located off Route 78/PA 309 at Exit 54.
- When getting off the exit you will be headed North on Hamilton Blvd / US 222, the bus lot and Dorney Park are on on the Southbound side of the divided highway.
- Stay in the left lane and take the u-turn to get on the southbound side.
- We will have signs directing you into the bus lot from there.
For those using GPS the address for Dorney Park is 3830 Dorney Park Rd, Allentown, PA 18104
The lot at Dorney Park will be secured and under surveillance by the park’s security. For early arrivals, it will be open on Thursday night at hours listed below. It will also be open for racers staying over on Saturday night.
The Dorney Park lot will be open at the following times.
- Thursday, December 29th – 4pm – 11pm
- Friday, December 30 – 6am – 12 noon
- Saturday, December 31st – 7pm – 11 pm
- Sunday, January 1 – 6am – 12 Noon
Starting at 7am on Friday, December 30 we will start sending trailers from this Dorney Park Bus Lot to go to the arena to start unloading. You will be given a numbered windshield placard when leaving this lot and must have it to be allowed to unload at the arena. Anyone without that placard will be sent back to the lot.
- To get from the Dorney Park Bus Lot to the PPL Center you will once again make a U-Turn and get back on Hamilton Blvd / 222 Northbound.
- The PPL Center is located right off Hamilton Blvd. –
- Follow Hamilton Blvd for approximately 4 miles until you reach 8th Street.
- Turn left on 8th Street, the PPL Center will be on your right. Once on 8th Street you will be directed where to go to unload.
UNLOADING AT ARENA – All trailers will be unloaded on 8th Street. – From the time you drop your trailer
- From the time you drop your trailer door you will have 10 minutes to unload your car, tires and all tools and parts that you wish you bring into the arena. – During
- During unloading you will need two people, someone to stay with your equipment and someone to stay with the truck and trailer. Anyone that exceeds their time limit for unloading will be penalized first with practice time and then with time trial or heat race starting position.
- As soon, as you are done unloading, your truck and trailer will be sent to a parking lot 1/3 mile from the arena to be stored during the event. We will have trucks available for you to use if you need to run back to the lot.
We strongly encourage you to only bring what you need into the arena!
AFTER THE EVENT ON SATURDAY NIGHT – – You will leave your trailer at the Lehigh Street lot over night on Friday. At the conclusion of the event on Saturday, you will once again be marshaled back to the arena to load up. Because of the New Year’s Eve festivities going on in the town it is imperative that we follow directions from the Allentown Police Department.
PLEASE NOTE – RACERS COMPETING ONLY ON SATURDAY must go directly to the 8th Street side of the PPL Center between 9 and 10 am to unload using the same time frame listed above. Exit procedure will be the same as those who arrived on Friday.